Located on the corner of George Street and Guild Street is Burton House. Built in 1894, the building was provided by Michael Arthur Bass (Lord Burton) for the Liberal Association to replace the club rooms he gave to the Association in 1882. The building was designed by the London architects Durward, Brown and Gordon in a French Renaissance style.
Constructed of red brick with stone dressings, the building features three timber framed gables, two on Guild Street and the one on George Street has an oriel window. The Liberal Club closed in 1944 and re-opened as a Social Club until 1987. The building was used as offices in 2000 and is now a restaurant and tea rooms.
The stone entrance on George Street features Ionic capitals, archway with keystone and detailed figures either side of the circular window.