Situated in a rural spot in Wootton Wawen is Wootton Hall. The former country house was built
in 1687 and constructed of Wilmscote stone and ashlar dressings. The house was owned by the Catholic recusant families Carrington, Holford and Smythe and believed to be a centre for Catholic worship during the recusancy. Wootton Hall was one of the first Italian Renaissance Palladian style mansions to be built.
The facades feature a forward central pediment and sash windows with alternate pediments and quoins.
The entrance lodge features four Ionic columns on plinths supporting the pediment.
Pedimented and decorated circular windows adorn the entrance lodge. Wootton Hall is now converted flats and is Grade II listed