Pears School in Repton was built in 1883-1886 by the architect Sir Arthur Blomfield. The building is in honour of Dr Steuart Adolphus Pears who was Headmaster from 1854-1874 and who became known as the school’s “Second Founder”.
The Tudor style sandstone and ashlar building features battlemented parapets, balustraded steps, three doorways and canted oriel window to the west facade (above). The building has an open Gothic arcade and polygonal castellated angle turrets with diagonal buttresses flanking each corner of the facade.
Commemorative lights along the balustrade in honour of a former Governor. Pears School is Grade II listed.