The parish church for Heather in Leicestershire is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist. Featuring a large tower with three bells, it was built circa 14th century. In keeping with the medieval character of the church, it was restored in 1847 with the addition of a new chancel. The building is constructed of coursed sandstone with a west tower, originally with a spire, featuring corner pinnacles.
Gargoyles adorn the eaves above the clerestory.
Corbel heads feature on the windows of the church. The church is Grade II* listed.