Although buried at Eccleshall, in the north choir aisle of Lichfield Cathedral is the memorial monument and effigy of Bishop John Lonsdale. John Lonsdale was Bishop of Lichfield from 1843-1867. The marble effigy is the work of the 19th century Victorian sculptor and painter George Frederick Watts. The canopy, of medieval Gothic Revival design, was designed by the 19th century English architect George Gilbert Scott who was responsible for the Victorian restoration of Lichfield Cathedral. The plinth underneath the effigy features shields decorated with the Lonsdale Coat of Arms.
Lichfield: Bishop John Lonsdale