Located in the tranquil Piazza Della Dogana in the historic area of S.Leonardo and the S.Paul district stands a water fountain. Restoration has transformed the area with the addition of new piazza’s (squares) and buildings. The water fountain stands upon an octagonal stone base from which small animal heads pour water. The top of the fountain is adorned with sculpted leaves.
On the outskirts of Treviso is the Porta Fra’ Giocondo. The bridge was constructed under the direction of the Italian architect Fra Giovanni Giocondo during the 15th century as part of the strengthening of the city fortifications. The bridge has two semi circular brick bastions that support the rusticated stone bridge which crosses the carriageway beneath.
In the Piazza del Duomo (Cathedral Square) is Casa Dal Corno – Home from the Horn. Built in the 15th century, the Venetian Gothic building features windows with trilobate arches and has a five arch loggia.
Ceramic decoration adorns the window surrounds which have engaged corinthian pilasters. Fragments of the 15th century frescoes still remain on the facade.
Located in Piazza San Vito is a water fountain which was built in 1930 following the urban regeneration of the area, The water fountain is constructed of Verona marble which sits upon a circular stone base.
A column stands in the centre of the octagonal basin from which four hydras pour water and support the fluted column above.
The 12th century crypt of Treviso Cathedral is adorned with fragments of many mosaics and murals.
Many of the intact frescoes depict winged angels and are still richly vivid in colour and detail. Some of the frescoes have only fragmentary pieces remaining providing subtle traces of the Byzantine influence.
The frescoes date between the 12th-14th centuries.