Opened in 1899, Quorn and Woodhouse railway station was part of the Great Central Railway London Extension. The station design is of a single double sided island platform. The single storey platform buildings are constructed of red brick with the office of the station master having a fretted canopy. The station was closed in 1963 and reopened in 1974 as part of the then private Great Central Railway.
The goods yard was expanded during World War II with ammunition stored in local bases.
The station has been restored to a 1940’s style due to the association with World War II.
The Booking Office (below) and General Waiting Room (above) with authentic furniture and advertising.
The Great Central Railway is the only double track main line heritage railway in the UK and is Grade II Listed.