Located on the wall of the north aisle in the Parish Church of St Lawrence is a memorial to Richard S Stephenson. Richard was the only son of Mason Stephenson who was the Mayor of the borough and a coroner of the county. Richard was a student at Queen’s College in Oxford and he died in Appleby in 1860.
Located near to the Lucca Gate in the centre of Pisa are the remains of the Roman Baths (thermae). Dating to the late 1st century, the baths were built under the rule of the Roman Emperor Domitian.
The well preserved laconicum (dry sweating room)
The archaeological site is all that remains in Pisa from the Roman era