Located on High Street is Stone House. Built in circa 1750, the building is now used as offices but was once an asylum, post office and telephone exchange. Georgian in its architectural style, the building features a symmetrical stone facade, dentilled cornice, tripartite sash windows and pediment.
The central consoled window (above) details architrave, frieze and cornice. Stone House is Grade II listed.