Bury St Edmunds: Pillar of Salt

PillSalt

Located on Abbeygate Street on Angel Hill is the octagonal street sign known as the Pillar of Salt.
Built in 1935, it was designed by the town council architect Basil Oliver. The lighthouse shaped
street sign is internally illuminated and constructed of concrete and metal.
The Pillar of Salt is Grade II listed.

 

 

Advertisements