Tamworth: Crimean Anchor

Anch2

Located within Tamworth Pleasure Grounds stands a cast iron anchor and chain. The anchor belonged to a captured Russian ship of the Crimean War and was rescued in 1855 by the English Royal Navy Officer Captain Sir William Peel. Originally taken to Drayton Manor as a souvenir, the anchor and chain were taken to Tamworth following the sale of Drayton Manor estate in the 1920’s.

Anch1