Located on Horninglow Street is the Magistrates Court House. It was designed by the local architect Henry Beck and was constructed using ashlar by the local builder Richard Kershaw between 1909- 1910. Designed in a Continental Baroque style, the building features two large Ionic columns in the central projecting exterior with a leaded dome and cupola above the ornately decorated balustraded parapet. The central stained glassed window bears the Burton coat of arms.
The building has two entrances – the left entrance bears the stonework inscription ‘Public’ whilst the right entrance (above right) bears the inscription ‘Justices’. The asymmetrical facade has richly decorated stonework and details moulded windows. The building is Grade II Listed.