Repton: The Garth

RepGarth2

Located between Pears School and Repton School Library is the tranquil cloister Garth. Private and secluded, The Garth has a war memorial to the Schools fallen during conflict.

RepGarth

The Garth is at the heart of the school and was originally the cloistered garden for the Augustinian Monks who practised at Repton Abbey.

RepGarth1

Repton: War Memorial

RepGarth2Located in the Garth within the grounds of Repton School is a war memorial. Built of sandstone ashlar, the memorial was erected in 1921 and designed by the Scottish architects Forsyth & Maule. The memorial is octagonal in shape featuring a gothic style lantern top and is Grade II listed.