In the chancel of St Andrews Church is a sculpted wall plaque dedicated to the memory of Edward Hasell of Dalemain. The plaque depicts a mourning woman beside an urn decorated with a coat of arms. Born in 1765, Edward was the son of Christopher Hasell and grandson of Edward Hasell (known as Blackcap) who died possessor of Dalemain in 1781. Aged sixty years old, Edward died on 24th December 1826 and the monument was erected by his surviving children who were united in describing their father as “one of the best and most affectionate parents.” The monument dates to 1830 and is the work of the 19th century British sculptor Sir Francis Legatt Chantrey. Having made his name in 1811 with a plaster model of a bust of the politician Horne Tooke, Chantrey was a well known sculptor of celebrated figures of Georgian England.
Henry Ryder was the son of Lord Harrowby and studied at both Harrow and Cambridge. He became a canonry at Windsor in 1808 which he left in 1812 to accept the Deanery of Wells. He went on to become Bishop of Gloucester and of Coventry and Lichfield. The sculpture of Bishop Ryder stands in Lichfield Cathedral and is the work of the 19th century English sculptor Sir Francis Legatt Chantrey.
The Sleeping Children is a sculpted monument in memory of two children. The monument is dedicated to the children of the Reverend William Robinson and his wife Ellen-Jane – Ellen-Jane and Marianne. The marble monument was placed in Lichfield Cathedral in 1817 and is the work of the 19th century English sculptor Sir Francis Legatt Chantrey.