Tamworth: Crimean Anchor

Anch2

Located within Tamworth Pleasure Grounds stands a cast iron anchor and chain. The anchor belonged to a captured Russian ship of the Crimean War and was rescued in 1855 by the English Royal Navy Officer Captain Sir William Peel. Originally taken to Drayton Manor as a souvenir, the anchor and chain were taken to Tamworth following the sale of Drayton Manor estate in the 1920’s.

Anch1

Advertisements

Tamworth: Stone Urns

StoneUrn5     StoneUrn4

Located within the grounds of Tamworth Pleasure Grounds are ashlar urns which date to the 18th century. The urns stand upon moulded stone plinths and are decorated with scrolled handles and top finials.

StoneUrn3     StoneUrn1

The urns are enriched with sculpted figure heads and flowers and are Grade II Listed.

   StoneUrn2